CORONA VIRUS UPDATE 3/16/20 - A letter from Mr. Homan
Post date: Mar 16, 2020 8:01:43 PM
Hello Everyone – I know there has been a lot of coverage and concern regarding the COVID-19. We were ordered to shut schools down until April 1st. We hope this date will not change and we will be back to normal on April 1st. I honestly can see this date move to a later date, so we will update you as we hear more.
As far as what we are doing as a school:
- Lunch – We are providing sack lunches for students. We will offer lunch from 11 am – 12 pm in the Joseph cafeteria. We will then take school lunches to the bus stop in Enterprise (by the skate park and little league field) from 12 pm – 1 pm. We are asking that if you would like a lunch then please text Christine Eaves at 541-263-2683 which will help us get a head count each day.
- Classes – I have heard from several teachers that they are communicating things that kids can be doing in the mean time. If you haven’t received anything, please don’t hesitate to call the school or email Lance Homan – firstname.lastname@example.org or Sherri Kilgore – email@example.com. If assignments are online and you need a device, please let Lance Homan know and we can schedule a time for you to pick up a chromebook. We are looking at ways to get other forms of work out to students who do not have wi-fi capabilities. We are also looking into a couple of different platforms to teach class and we will continue to update you on what we find out.
Timeline as of 3/16/20 at 12:11 PM for the school:
- March 30th and 31st will be staff work days to prepare for either school in our building with kids, or those days will be used to plan how to best educate our students in a different manner.
- Conferences are cancelled that were scheduled for April 2nd and 3rd and rescheduled barring any closures again for April 17th and April 18th.
- Kindergarten roundup is scheduled for April 16th from 5:30-6:30 pm.
- Athletics are cancelled and facilities at our school are closed.
- This timeline I believe will be fluid and ever changing, so I will send out information that I receive as soon as I can.
- Cafeteria and stage are up and running.
- The middle classrooms (Mr. Crenshaw, Mrs. Connolly, and Ms. Weaver) are cleaned and painted.
- The library is currently being cleaned and will get new paint soon.
- Mr. Hite and Mrs. Hayes rooms are being cleaned and painted as well, but they will be done the latest of that area.
- The gym is being cleaned as they can get to it. Another engineer is coming this week to take another look at the beams in the gym and the roof so we can make a plan to move forward.